Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Catching up

 I know it has been a while. Covid, Xander Graduating, adding a baby (pup) to the family, house shopping, getting pre-approved, signing contract, choosing all the options, having them come back 3 different times that the flooring we had chosen was no longer in stock, waiting on the house to be built, packing, signing mortgage paperwork, moving, blowing a tire at 5:30 am on busy interstate, changing tire, buying new tires, changing job positions within same company, unpacking (this is going to take a long time). We moved into our new home August 15. The in-laws came to visit for Thanksgiving and I think they were impressed with the size and layout of the house. 

I have a longer drive (50 minutes in to work and an hour plus home). When I haven't been working, I've been unpacking. Last weekend I took several days off to rearrange and set up my sewing area, reorganized my fabrics and started sewing. Realized that the quilt pieces I had been sewing into strips were just enough for a throw, but I have no matching material for binding. I have decided to put aside until I get more similar fabric to add a few more rows/columns, borders, binding and backing. I have pulled out a few others that have been cut to work on.

Our little girl is now 16 months old. A TToodle (Tibetan Terrier Poodle mix). We named her Natasha (as in the Black Widow), which is fitting as she is black with a white patch on her chest and chin.

Cocoa (top) Natasha (bottom) waiting for Dad to finish teaching in his upstairs office

Natasha enjoying their bed with a bone

David on front porch of our new home

Natasha laying on the floor

Cocoa jealous of Natasha getting attention so she stood up and started kissing him

David with Natasha the first few months we had Natasha


No comments:

Post a Comment